Microcement, known for some years for being the cladding that offers the most possibilities for construction and renovations, is also one of the materials that architects and decorators most opt for when designing the bathroom.
Why microcement in the bathroom?
It is no coincidence that interior design professionals have opted for microcement when creating and reforming bathroom decoration. There are several reasons why choosing this coating is the best option:
- It is not necessary to remove the existing material to apply it, which reduces the cost of the reforms and avoids wasting time on the removal of rubble (and thanks to that, it is not necessary to request a building permit for the reform either).
- It offers a continuous seamless surface, which not only makes cleaning a lot easier, but also offers a greater sense of spaciousness (something essential in small bathrooms).
- It offers great adherence on almost any surface. Being non-slip, it is perfect for the bathroom (since people with reduced mobility or a disability will see reduced risk of slipping and falling).
- The microcement surface has a minimum thickness of approximately 2mm. Therefore, it does not require lowering doors and is much easier to level with other materials.
- It offers infinite possibilities of finishing and customization, allowing this material to adapt to any style of decoration that is intended to be implemented.
Topcret, specialists in bathroom decoration with microcement
Topcret coatings, and specifically micro-cement, can be used without any problem in areas such as showers, furniture or sinks without fear of humidity deteriorating the coating little by little. In addition, microcement can be applied both on ceramics and on uncoated walls, which allows a bathroom decoration to be completely changed without the need for works.
Proof of this is the bathroom that can be seen in the image, whose floors and walls have been completely covered with micro-cement. This time the decoration of this bathroom, sober and elegant, fits perfectly with the style of finish that has been given to the micro-cement cladding.
If you want to incorporate microcement to any of your projects, contact us and we will advise you on everything you need, without obligation.