Any construction project depends heavily on the quality of the material it offers to create a strong and sustainable structure. So it is important to consider the use of concrete recommended for different construction projects. Thus, project planning begins with making the right decisions about the type of cement to use.
The formula and ingredients used in the manufacture of concrete define its quality and its ideal use. In the modern world, many startups are investing heavily in research to develop new formulas for making better quality concrete.
However, the market today offers many types of concrete products to meet unique construction needs. A priori there are six different types of cement, with specific defining behaviors and chemical compositions. Next, we will look at each type and what makes them unique:
- Type I cement: it is a general-purpose cement without special properties. It is not sulfate resistant and creates a good amount of heat during the hydration process.
- Type II cement- Used when moderate sulfate resistance and / or moderate heat of hydration is required. It is also useful for foundation work in areas with moderate levels of sulfate in groundwater. It usually gains strength at a slightly slower rate than Type I and has a lower heat of hydration.
- Type III cement: Classified as a fast-setting cement, it is finer than Type I and has a higher C3S and sulfate content. Useful where formwork must be quickly stripped or in areas that allow early traffic on road surfaces.
- Type IV cement : Used when low heat of hydration is required, in which no expansion should take place during setting, its most frequent use is in large-scale works such as dams.
- Type V cement Used where a high resistance to the concentrated action of sulfates is required (channels, sewers, port works).
- Class “G” Oil Well Cement. This cement is specially designed for the oil and gas industry, as it has special behavioral properties for high temperature and pressure applications. It is highly resistant to sulfate and can be mixed with a variety of additives to modify its behavior under conditions
TOPCRET ARGENTINA presentó el relanzamiento de su programa de franquicias con nuevas propuestas y condiciones en la última...
Contar con un buen sistema de aislamiento térmico en el hogar proporciona muchas ventajas a nivel energético: al necesitar...